Saturday 4 February 2012

Decal Box

Concluding the series of posts on spares boxes, I now present my (superficially at least) well organised decal box.  After many years of slinging them in a big box, and then having to rummage through a load of junk when looking for anything, I finally adopted the system in use today.
The box has been in my possession for about 20 years and was originally for the storage of 8x5 inch index cards - back in the distant days before widespread computer use... 
In the box I have retained the (original) dividers to separate the decals into categories - such as 'White numbers & letters', 'RAF markings' and so on.
The decals are kept in small plastic bags.  This (theoretically) means that if I need, say, WW2 German number plates or British divisional insignia then I need only rummage through the contents of a single bag.

4 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

You and paul should get together..the pair of you could open a shop!!!He´s posted about his decal collection, I was amazed by his collection as well. How do you come about having so many? I´ve got a collection of WWI planes but I always seem to end up using every decal on the sheet.
Cheers
paul

Paul said...

By jingos Tim. thats impressive stuff.

The plastic bags are a good idea.

Tim Gow said...

Paul's Bods
I'm not sure how I ended up with so much! Despite a savage clear out a few years ago the box is quite well stocked. Partly with spares from kits and partly with additional sheets I have bought, such as The Skytrex AFV markings, a sheet of swastikas for kits lacking them etc.

Tim Gow said...

Paul
It took a bit of work to set it up, but I'm very glad I did it.