Monday 17 February 2014

Wheely good guns.


As part of the recruitment drive for my 1/32 scale early 20th Century 'Russian' (or Tratvian) Army I needed some more machine guns.  As I already had a few spare Charbens MGs (see this earlier post) it seemed churlish to consider anything else.  I did, however, decide to make them more 'Maxim-like' by adding wheels.  A rummage in the spares box yielded some 1/72 PAK-40 wheels which I thought looked vaguely suitable.  Having now painted the ensemble I am rather pleased with the end result.
The photo shows a pair of the newly varnished Maxims with excited officers shouting encouragement.

5 comments:

Pete. said...

They look good Tim, the little wheels do make them look more Russian somehow.

I saw some of the Armies in Plastic 54mm stuff at an IPMS show on Sunday, they are nice but I didn't buy any... :(

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Yet.....

Paul Foster said...

Maxim effort in this bodge Tim.

Pete. said...

Ah I can see what you are getting at... I'll wait until I've had a game I expect....

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
Such is the joy of a well-stocked spares box. Even if it's mostly for different scales!